- Internal Medicine
- Oncology, Medical
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
Medical or Graduate Education:
University of Western Ontario Faculty of Medicine, Canada
Rush University Medical Center - Internal Medicine
Rush University Medical Center - Hematology/Oncology
- Blood disorders, cancerous
- Blood disorders, noncancerous
- Hairy cell leukemia
- Hodgkin lymphoma
- Leukemias, acute and chronic
- Lymphoma, HIV-related
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma
- Targeted therapy for hematologic cancer
- Lymphomas and acute and chronic leukemias
- Targeted therapies for hematologic malignancies
Below is a list of scientific publications for which this practitioner was either the primary author or a contributor. Citations come from PubMed, a database of biomedical literature, life science journals and online books. PubMed is a service of the US Library of Medicine at the National Institutes of Health. Click on the title of the cited work for more information (this will take you directly to PubMed.gov). Listings go back five years.
- Impact of therapeutic regimen and clinical presentation on overall survival in CNS lymphoma.
Kellogg RG, Straus DC, Karmali R, Munoz LF, Byrne RW
Acta Neurochir (Wien)
2013 Sep 28
- Aggressive disease defined by cytogenetics is associated with cytokine dysregulation in CLL/SLL patients.
Karmali R, Paganessi LA, Frank RR, Jagan S, Larson ML, Venugopal P, Gregory SA, Christopherson KW 2nd.
J Leukoc Biol. 2013
93(1):161-70. doi: 10.1189/jlb.0612301. Epub 2012 Nov 7.
- A retrospective multicenter analysis of elderly Hodgkin lymphoma: outcomes and prognostic factors in the modern era.
Evens AM, Helenowski I, Ramsdale E, Nabhan C, Karmali R, Hanson B, Parsons B, Smith S, Larsen A, McKoy JM, Jovanovic B, Gregory S, Gordon LI, Smith SM.
2012 Jan 19
119(3):692-5. doi: 10.1182/blood-2011-09-378414. Epub 2011 Nov 23.
- Analysis of very elderly (â‰¥80 years) non-hodgkin lymphoma: impact of functional status and co-morbidities on outcome.
Nabhan C, Smith SM, Helenowski I, Ramsdale E, Parsons B, Karmali R, Feliciano J, Hanson B, Smith S, McKoy J, Larsen A, Hantel A, Gregory S, Evens AM.
Br J Haematol. 2012
156(2):196-204. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2141.2011.08934.x. Epub 2011 Nov 16.
- Granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor-induced immune priming of cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone with rituximab chemoimmunotherapy in previously untreated patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma and mantle cell lymphoma.
Karmali R, Larson ML, Wooldridge JE, Gregory SA, O'Brien T, Shammo JM, Bueschel K, Venugopal P.
Leuk Lymphoma. 2011
52(11):2097-104. doi: 10.3109/10428194.2011.589549. Epub 2011 Jun 24.
- Safety and efficacy of combination therapy with fludarabine, mitoxantrone, and rituximab followed by yttrium-90 ibritumomab tiuxetan and maintenance rituximab as front-line therapy for patients with follicular or marginal zone lymphoma.
Karmali R, Kassar M, Venugopal P, Shammo JM, Fung HC, Bayer R, O'Brien T, Gregory SA.
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2011
11(6):467-74. doi: 10.1016/j.clml.2011.04.009. Epub 2011 Jun 22.
- Localized bone disease as a presentation of hairy cell leukemia.
Karmali R, Farhat M, Leslie W, McIntire MG, Gregory S.
Clin Adv Hematol Oncol. 2008
6(4):290-4. No abstract available.