Medical or Graduate Education:
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine
Loyola University Medical Center - General Vascular Surgery
- Breast cancer
- Breast surgery
- Cancer surgery, breast
- Ductal lavage
- Stereotactic and ultrasound-guided needle biopsy, breast
- Ductal lavage and ductoscopy in breast tumor risk assessment
- Cryoablation of benign and malignant breast tumors
Below is a list of scientific publications for which this practitioner was either the primary author or a contributor. Citations come from PubMed, a database of biomedical literature, life science journals and online books. PubMed is a service of the US Library of Medicine at the National Institutes of Health. Click on the title of the cited work for more information (this will take you directly to PubMed.gov). Listings go back five years.
- Surgical perspectives from a prospective, nonrandomized, multicenter study of breast conserving surgery and adjuvant electronic brachytherapy for the treatment of breast cancer.
Dooley WC, Algan O, Dowlatshahi K, Francescatti D, Tito E, Beatty JD, Lerner AG, Ballard B, Boolbol SK.
World J Surg Oncol. 2011
2011 Mar 7
9:30. doi: 10.1186/1477-7819-9-30.
- Twelve-month follow-up results of a trial utilizing Axxent electronic brachytherapy to deliver intraoperative radiation therapy for early-stage breast cancer.
Ivanov O, Dickler A, Lum BY, Pellicane JV, Francescatti DS.
Ann Surg Oncol. 2011
18(2):453-8. doi: 10.1245/s10434-010-1283-x. Epub 2010 Aug 25.
- Intraoperative radiation therapy in the treatment of early-stage breast cancer utilizing xoft axxent electronic brachytherapy.
Dickler A, Ivanov O, Francescatti D.
World J Surg Oncol. 2009
2009 Mar 2
7:24. doi: 10.1186/1477-7819-7-24.
- The surgeon's role in breast brachytherapy.
Beitsch PD, Hodge CW, Dowlat K, Francescatti D, Gittleman MA, Israel P, Nelson JC, Potruch T, Snider HC, Whitworth P, Zannis VJ, Patel RR