Medical or Graduate Education:
University of Kansas
Rush University Medical Center - Clinical Psychology
Rush University Medical Center - Clinical and Health Psychology
- Adjustment disorders
- Antepartum and postpartum distress
- Health psychology
- Postpartum depression
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Psychological symptoms in ob/gyn patients
- Treatment of anxiety during pregnancy
- Interdisciplinary intervention research with perinatal populations
Below is a list of scientific publications for which this practitioner was either the primary author or a contributor. Citations come from PubMed, a database of biomedical literature, life science journals and online books. PubMed is a service of the US Library of Medicine at the National Institutes of Health. Click on the title of the cited work for more information (this will take you directly to PubMed.gov). Listings go back five years.
- Emotion regulation difficulties, low social support, and interpersonal violence mediate the link between childhood abuse and posttraumatic stress symptoms.
Stevens NR, Gerhart J, Goldsmith RE, Heath NM, Chesney SA, Hobfoll SE.
Behav Ther. 2013
44(1):152-61. doi: 10.1016/j.beth.2012.09.003. Epub 2012 Sep 28.
- Interpersonal violence, PTSD, and inflammation: Potential psychogenic pathways to higher C-reactive protein levels.
Heath NM, Chesney SA, Gerhart JI, Goldsmith RE, Luborsky JL, Stevens NR, Hobfoll SE.
63(2):172-8. doi: 10.1016/j.cyto.2013.04.030. Epub 2013 May 20.
- Perceived control and maternal satisfaction with childbirth: a measure development study.
Stevens NR, Wallston KA, Hamilton NA
J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol
- Validation of the multidimensional health locus of control scales for labor and delivery.
Stevens NR, Hamilton NA, Wallston KA
Res Nurs Health