- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Medical or Graduate Education:
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine - Obstetrics and Gynecology
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine - Family Planning
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Birth control
- Dyspareunia (painful intercourse)
- Family planning
- Gynecology, adolescent
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Preconception counseling
- Prenatal care
- Sexually transmitted disease (STD)
- Teenage pregnancy
- Tubal ligation
- Women's health
- Family planning
- Contraception for women with cancer
- Medical education and simulation-based education
- Teaching surgical procedures
- Abortion and contraception
Below is a list of scientific publications for which this practitioner was either the primary author or a contributor. Citations come from PubMed, a database of biomedical literature, life science journals and online books. PubMed is a service of the US Library of Medicine at the National Institutes of Health. Click on the title of the cited work for more information (this will take you directly to PubMed.gov). Listings go back five years.
- Surgical uterine evacuation for pregnant women with leukemia in the first and second trimesters.
Patton EW, York SL, Hammond C
123 Suppl 1:108S.
- Emergency contraception provision barriers among emergency medicine residents.
Chen M, Gawron L, York S
123 Suppl 1:8S.
- Creation and initial assessment of a second-trimester uterine model.
York SL, Migas S, Haag J, Liu Z, Stiller R, McGaghie WC, Hammond C
- Development and evaluation of cesarean section surgical training using computer-enhanced visual learning.
York SL, Maizels M, Cohen E, Stoltz RS, Jamil A, Mcgaghie WC, Gossett DR
2014 Jul 29
- Characteristics of presumptive idiopathic disseminated intravascular coagulation during second-trimester induced abortion.
York S, Lichtenberg ES.
85(5):489-95. doi: 10.1016/j.contraception.2011.09.017. Epub 2011 Nov 30.
- Residency training in neonatal circumcision: a pilot study and needs assessment.
Le B, Mickelson J, Gossett D, Kim D, Stoltz RS, York S, Sharma V, Maizels M.
J Urol. 2010
184(4 Suppl):1754-7. doi: 10.1016/j.juro.2010.03.077. Epub 2010 Aug 21.