Medical or Graduate Education:
University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago
Rush University Medical Center - Neurology
Rush University Medical Center - Clinical Neurophysiology
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Electroencephalogram, video
- Wada test
- Magnetoencephalography (MEG)
- Spectral analysis of EEG and MEG
Below is a list of scientific publications for which this practitioner was either the primary author or a contributor. Citations come from PubMed, a database of biomedical literature, life science journals and online books. PubMed is a service of the US Library of Medicine at the National Institutes of Health. Click on the title of the cited work for more information (this will take you directly to PubMed.gov). Listings go back five years.
- Preemptive enteral nutrition enriched with eicosapentaenoic acid, gamma-linolenic acid and antioxidants in severe multiple trauma: a prospective, randomized, double-blind study.
Kagan I, Cohen J, Stein M, Bendavid I, Pinsker D, Silva V, Theilla M, Anbar R, Lev S, Grinev M, Singer P
Intensive Care Med
- Late clinical outcome of transient intraoperative systolic anterior motion post mitral valve repair.
Kuperstein R, Spiegelstein D, Rotem G, Stein M, Kogan A, Sternik L, Raanani E
J. Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg.
- Depression CBT treatment gains among HIV-infected persons with a history of injection drug use varies as a function of baseline substance use.
Labbe AK, O'Cleirigh CM, Stein M, Safren SA
Psychol Health Med
- Self-perception of disability and prospects for employment among U.S. veterans.
Griffin CL, Stein MA
- Psychosocial adjustment of Israeli veterans with disabilities: Does employment status matter?
Araten-Bergman T, Tal-Katz P, Stein MA
- Willingness to use HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis among opiate users.
Stein M, Thurmond P, Bailey G
- The "Little AVM": A New Entity in High-flow versus Low-flow Vascular Malformations.
Stein M, Guilfoyle R, Courtemanche DJ, Moss W, Bucevska M, Arneja JS
Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open
- CD24 gene polymorphism--a novel prognostic factor in esophageal cancer.
Sadot E, Kraus S, Stein M, Naboishchikov I, Toledano O, Kazanov D, Arber N, Kashtan H
Int. J. Biol. Markers
- Employment, social capital, and community participation among Israelis with disabilities.
Araten-Bergman T, Stein MA
2014 Jan 1
- Reconsidering policy of casualty evacuation in a remote mass-casualty incident.
Adini B, Cohen R, Glassberg E, Azaria B, Simon D, Stein M, Klein Y, Peleg K
Prehosp Disaster Med
- Buprenorphine treatment for hospitalized, opioid-dependent patients: a randomized clinical trial.
Liebschutz JM, Crooks D, Herman D, Anderson B, Tsui J, Meshesha LZ, Dossabhoy S, Stein M
JAMA Intern Med
- Surviving polio in a post-polio world.
Groce NE, Banks LM, Stein MA
Soc Sci Med
- The Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities: what is at stake for physiatrists and the patients we serve.
Bristo M, Blauwet CA, Frontera W, Tolchin DW, Stein MA, Hoppe KM, Wu SS, Kirschner KL
- Intimate partner violence among individuals in methadone maintenance treatment.
de Dios MA, Anderson BJ, Caviness CM, Stein M
- Extracorporeal life support in patients with multiple injuries and severe respiratory failure: a single-center experience?
Biderman P, Einav S, Fainblut M, Stein M, Singer P, Medalion B
J Trauma Acute Care Surg
- Assessing process of care in rheumatoid arthritis at McGill University hospitals.
Li LM, Tessier-Cloutier B, Wang Y, Bernatsky S, Vinet E, Ménard HA, Panopalis P, Hazel E, Stein M, Cohen M, Starr M, Pineau C, Veilleux MÈ, Colmegna I
J Clin Rheumatol
- Prescription medication exchange patterns among methadone maintenance patients.
Caviness CM, Anderson BJ, de Dios MA, Kurth M, Stein M
Drug Alcohol Depend
2013 Jan 1
- The social support and social network characteristics of smokers in methadone maintenance treatment.
de Dios MA, Stanton CA, Caviness CM, Niaura R, Stein M
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse
- Body image and eating attitudes and behaviors among adolescent heart and lung transplant recipients: a brief report.
Todd L, Anthony S, Dipchand AI, Kaufman M, Solomon M, Stein M, Pollock-BarZiv S
- Project Impact: a pharmacotherapy pilot trial investigating the abstinence and treatment adherence of Latino light smokers.
de Dios MA, Anderson BJ, Stanton C, Audet DA, Stein M
J Subst Abuse Treat
- Childhood sexual abuse and health risk behaviors in patients with HIV and a history of injection drug use.
Markowitz SM, O'Cleirigh C, Hendriksen ES, Bullis JR, Stein M, Safren SA
- Sexual risk behavior among HIV-positive patients at an urban clinic in Santiago, Dominican Republic.
Sears D, Cabrera C, Ortiz F, Anderson B, Stein M
- Inhibitory activity of a standardized elderberry liquid extract against clinically-relevant human respiratory bacterial pathogens and influenza A and B viruses.
Krawitz C, Mraheil MA, Stein M, Imirzalioglu C, Domann E, Pleschka S, Hain T
BMC Complement Altern Med
- Predicting white matter targets for direct neurostimulation therapy.
Rossi MA, Stebbins G, Murphy C, Greene D, Brinker S, Sarcu D, Tenharmsel A, Stoub T, Stein MA, Hoeppner TJ, Byrne RW, Moseley ME, Bammer RA, Bild S, Dennis J, Arnett N, Balabanov A, Bergen D, Kanner AM, Smith MC.
Epilepsy Res. 2010
91(2-3):176-86. doi: 10.1016/j.eplepsyres.2010.07.010. Epub 2010 Aug 21.
- Triage and trauma workload in mass casualty: a computer model.
Hirshberg A, Frykberg ER, Mattox KL, Stein M
69(5):1074-81; discussion 1081-2.
- Management of newly diagnosed epilepsy: a practical guide to monotherapy.
Stein MA, Kanner AM.
69(2):199-222. doi: 10.2165/00003495-200969020-00005. Review.
Patient feedback information is available for physicians employed by Rush University Medical Center who have received
30 or more patient surveys. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score.
Number of Patient Surveys
Friendliness/courtesy of the care provider
Explanations the care provider gave you about your problem or condition
Concern the care provider showed for your questions or worries
Likelihood of your recommending this care provider to others
Care provider's efforts to include you in decisions about your treatment
Information the care provider gave you about medications
Instructions the care provider gave you about follow-up care
Your confidence in this care provider
Degree to which care provider talked with you using words you could understand
Amount of time the care provider spent with you
For more information about patient feedback, see the Quality Care
section of the Rush University Medical Center website.