(888) 352-RUSH for help arranging an appointment.
- Geriatric Medicine
- Family Practice
Medical or Graduate Education:
University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago
West Suburban Family Practice - Family Medicine
Rush University Medical Center - Geriatric Medicine
- Alzheimer's disease
- Older adult health
- Clinical trials for dementia
- Clinical trials for Alzheimer's disease
Below is a list of scientific publications for which this practitioner was either the primary author or a contributor. Citations come from PubMed, a database of biomedical literature, life science journals and online books. PubMed is a service of the US Library of Medicine at the National Institutes of Health. Click on the title of the cited work for more information (this will take you directly to PubMed.gov). Listings go back five years.
- MRI-based volumetric measurement of the substantia innominata in amnestic MCI and mild AD
George S, Mufson EJ, Leurgans S, Shah RC, Ferrari C, Detoledo-Morrell L
- Recruitment and enrollment of caregivers for a lifestyle physical activity clinical trial.
Etkin CD, Farran CJ, Barnes LL, Shah RC.
Res Nurs Health.
2011 Nov 14
- Daytime sleepiness in mild Alzheimer's disease with and without parkinsonian features
Park M, Shah RC, Fogg LF, Wyatt JK
2011 Mar 7
- Medical foods for Alzheimer's disease.
2011 Jun 1
28(6):421-8. doi: 10.2165/11587380-000000000-00000.
- Musculoskeletal pain is associated with incident mobility disability in community-dwelling elders
Shah RC, Buchman AS, Boyle PA, Leurgans SE, Wilson RS, Andersson GB, Bennett DA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci
- Entorhinal cortex volume is associated with episodic memory related brain activation in normal aging and amnesic mild cognitive impairment
Trivedi MA, Stoub TR, Murphy CM, George S, Detoledo-Morrell L, Shah RC, Whitfield-Gabrieli S, Gabrieli JD, Stebbins GT
Brain Imaging Behav
2011 Feb 17
- Age-related changes in the mesial temporal lobe: the parahippocampal white matter region.
Stoub T, Barnes CA, Shah RC, Stebbins GT, Ferrari C, Detoledo-Morrell L.
2011 Apr 1
- Musculoskeletal pain and incident disability in community-dwelling older adults
Buchman AS, Shah RC, Leurgans SE, Boyle PA, Wilson RS, Bennett DA
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken)
- Atrophy and dysfunction of parahippocampal white matter in mild Alzheimer's disease
Wang C, Stebbins GT, Medina DA, Shah RC, Bammer R, Moseley ME, Detoledo-Morrell L
2010 Mar 30
- Kidney function is associated with the rate of cognitive decline in the elderly
Buchman AS, Tanne D, Boyle PA, Shah RC, Leurgans SE, Bennett DA
2009 Sep 22
- Relation of hemoglobin to level of cognitive function in older persons
Shah RC, Wilson RS, Tang Y, Dong X, Murray A, Bennett DA
- A population-based study of hemoglobin, race, and mortality in elderly persons
Dong X, Mendes de Leon C, Artz A, Tang Y, Shah R, Evans D
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci
- fMRI activation changes during successful episodic memory encoding and recognition in amnestic mild cognitive impairment relative to cognitively healthy older adults
Trivedi MA, Murphy CM, Goetz C, Shah RC, Gabrieli JD, Whitfield-Gabrieli S, Turner DA, Stebbins GT
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord
- Respiratory muscle strength predicts decline in mobility in older persons
Buchman AS, Boyle PA, Wilson RS, Leurgans S, Shah RC, Bennett DA