- Family Medicine
- Primary Care, Adult
- Primary Care, Pediatric
Medical or Graduate Education:
University of Michigan Medical School
Cleveland Metropolitan General Hospital - Family Medicine
- Abdominal pain
- High blood pressure
- Older adult health
- Prenatal care
- Community-based medical services
- Prevention of prostate cancer
- Prevention of diabetes complications
Below is a list of scientific publications for which this practitioner was either the primary author or a contributor. Citations come from PubMed, a database of biomedical literature, life science journals and online books. PubMed is a service of the US Library of Medicine at the National Institutes of Health. Click on the title of the cited work for more information (this will take you directly to PubMed.gov). Listings go back five years.
- Results from a community-based trial testing a community health worker asthma intervention in Puerto Rican youth in Chicago.
Martin MA, Mosnaim GS, Olson D, Swider S, Karavolos K, Rothschild S
2014 Aug 27
- Mexican American Trial of Community Health Workers: A Randomized Controlled Trial of a Community Health Worker Intervention for Mexican Americans With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.
Rothschild SK, Martin MA, Swider SM, Tumialán Lynas CM, Janssen I, Avery EF, Powell LH
Am J Public Health
2013 Aug 15
- Home asthma triggers: barriers to asthma control in chicago puerto rican children.
Martin MA, Thomas AM, Mosnaim G, Greve M, Swider SM, Rothschild SK.
J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2013
24(2):813-27. doi: 10.1353/hpu.2013.0073.
- The Mexican-American Trial of Community Health workers (MATCH): design and baseline characteristics of a randomized controlled trial testing a culturally tailored community diabetes self-management intervention.
Rothschild SK, Martin MA, Swider SM, Lynas CT, Avery EF, Janssen I, Powell LH.
Contemp Clin Trials. 2012
33(2):369-77. doi: 10.1016/j.cct.2011.10.013. Epub 2011 Nov 15.
- Recruitment, asthma characteristics, and medication behaviors in Midwestern Puerto Rican youth: data from Project CURA.
Martin MA, Olson D, Mosnaim G, Ortega D, Rothschild SK.
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2012
109(2):121-7. doi: 10.1016/j.anai.2012.06.005. Epub 2012 Jun 26.
- Recruitment of Mexican American adults for an intensive diabetes intervention trial.
Martin MA, Swider SM, Olinger T, Avery E, Lynas CM, Carlson K, Rothschild SK.
Ethn Dis. 2011
- Pushing the envelope for cultural appropriateness: does evidence support cultural tailoring in type 2 diabetes interventions for Mexican American adults?
Davis RE, Peterson KE, Rothschild SK, Resnicow K.
Diabetes Educ. 2011
37(2):227-38. doi: 10.1177/0145721710395329. Epub 2011 Feb 22.
- Project MATCH: training for a promotora intervention.
Swider SM, Martin M, Lynas C, Rothschild S.
Diabetes Educ. 2010
36(1):98-108. doi: 10.1177/0145721709352381. Epub 2009 Dec 11.
- A nurse coach quality improvement intervention: feasibility and treatment fidelity.
Minnick A, Catrambone CD, Halstead L, Rothschild S, Lapidos S.
West J Nurs Res. 2008
30(6):690-703. doi: 10.1177/0193945907311321. Epub 2008 Feb 8.
Patient feedback information is available for physicians employed by Rush University Medical Center who have received
30 or more patient surveys. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score.
Friendliness/courtesy of the care provider
Explanations the care provider gave you about your problem or condition
Concern the care provider showed for your questions or worries
Likelihood of your recommending this care provider to others
Care provider's efforts to include you in decisions about your treatment
Information the care provider gave you about medications
Instructions the care provider gave you about follow-up care
Your confidence in this care provider
Degree to which care provider talked with you using words you could understand
Amount of time the care provider spent with you
For more information about patient feedback, see the Quality Care
section of the Rush University Medical Center website.