Medical or Graduate Education:
Rush Medical College
University of Chicago Medical Center - Neurology
University of Chicago Medical Center - Clinical Neurophysiology
Rush University Medical Center - Advanced Epilepsy
- Cortical mapping
- Developmental delay
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Epilepsy, treatment-resistant
- Evoked potential testing
- Landau-Kleffner syndrome
- Language delay
- Methohexital suppression testing
- Wada test
- Localization of the ictal onset zone for epilepsy surgery
- Neurochemical markers of synaptic plasticity
Below is a list of scientific publications for which this practitioner was either the primary author or a contributor. Citations come from PubMed, a database of biomedical literature, life science journals and online books. PubMed is a service of the US Library of Medicine at the National Institutes of Health. Click on the title of the cited work for more information (this will take you directly to PubMed.gov). Listings go back five years.
- Regaining white matter integrity and neurocognitive development in rolandic epilepsy after the storm.
- On-demand pulsatile intracerebral delivery of carisbamate with closed-loop direct neurostimulation therapy in an electrically induced self-sustained focal-onset epilepsy rat model.
Mangubat EZ, Kellogg RG, Harris TJ, Rossi MA
2015 Feb 27
- Focal cortical dysplasia-associated tumors: resecting beyond the lesion.
- Improving patient-centered care coordination for children with epilepsy: version 2.0 upgrade required.
- Chronic unlimited recording electrocorticography-guided resective epilepsy surgery: technology-enabled enhanced fidelity in seizure focus localization with improved surgical efficacy.
DiLorenzo DJ, Mangubat EZ, Rossi MA, Byrne RW
- SCN1A and Febrile Seizures in Mesial Temporal Epilepsy: An Early Signal to Guide Prognosis and Treatment?
- Juvenile myoclonic epilepsy: when will it end.
- Chronic epilepsy due to low grade temporal lobe tumors and due to hippocampal sclerosis: Do they differ in post-surgical outcome?
Vannemreddy PS, Kanner AM, Smith MC, Rossi M, Wallace D, Vannemreddy SN, Byrne RW
2013 Aug 17
- Tailored temporal lobectomy for medically intractable epilepsy: evaluation of pathology and predictors of outcome.
Falowski SM, Wallace D, Kanner A, Smith M, Rossi M, Balabanov A, Ouyang B, Byrne RW.
71(3):703-9; discussion 709. doi: 10.1227/NEU.0b013e318262161d.
- Targeting anti-epileptic drug therapy without collateral damage: nanocarrier-based drug delivery.
Epilepsy Curr. 2012
12(5):199-200. doi: 10.5698/1535-7511-12.5.199. No abstract available.
- Deep white matter track record of functional integrity in childhood absence epilepsy.
Epilepsy Curr. 2012
12(6):234-5. doi: 10.5698/1535-7511-12.6.234. No abstract available.
- Predicting white matter targets for direct neurostimulation therapy.
Rossi MA, Stebbins G, Murphy C, Greene D, Brinker S, Sarcu D, Tenharmsel A, Stoub T, Stein MA, Hoeppner TJ, Byrne RW, Moseley ME, Bammer RA, Bild S, Dennis J, Arnett N, Balabanov A, Bergen D, Kanner AM, Smith MC.
Epilepsy Res. 2010
91(2-3):176-86. doi: 10.1016/j.eplepsyres.2010.07.010. Epub 2010 Aug 21.
- Epilepsy surgery and vagal nerve stimulation: what all neurologists should know.
Balabanov A, Rossi MA.
Semin Neurol. 2008
28(3):355-63. doi: 10.1055/s-2008-1079340. Epub 2008 Jul 24. Review.
Patient feedback information is available for physicians employed by Rush University Medical Center who have received
30 or more patient surveys. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score.
Number of Patient Surveys
Friendliness/courtesy of the care provider
Explanations the care provider gave you about your problem or condition
Concern the care provider showed for your questions or worries
Likelihood of your recommending this care provider to others
Care provider's efforts to include you in decisions about your treatment
Information the care provider gave you about medications
Instructions the care provider gave you about follow-up care
Your confidence in this care provider
Degree to which care provider talked with you using words you could understand
Amount of time the care provider spent with you
For more information about patient feedback, see the Quality Care
section of the Rush University Medical Center website.