Medical or Graduate Education:
University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago
Rush University Medical Center - Dermatology
- Bullous pemphigoid
- Leg ulcers
- Pyoderma gangrenosum
- Skin manifestations of systemic disease
Below is a list of scientific publications for which this practitioner was either the primary author or a contributor. Citations come from PubMed, a database of biomedical literature, life science journals and online books. PubMed is a service of the US Library of Medicine at the National Institutes of Health. Click on the title of the cited work for more information (this will take you directly to PubMed.gov). Listings go back five years.
- Relationships between explosive and maximal triple extensor muscle performance and vertical jump height.
Chang E, Norcross MF, Johnson ST, Kitagawa T, Hoffman M
J Strength Cond Res
- Effect of acidity upon attrition-corrosion of human dental enamel.
Wu YQ, Arsecularatne JA, Hoffman M
J Mech Behav Biomed Mater
- Integrating research data capture into the electronic health record workflow: real-world experience to advance innovation.
Laird-Maddox M, Mitchell SB, Hoffman M
Perspect Health Inf Manag
- Atypical ulcers.
Dermatol Ther. 2013
26(3):222-35. doi: 10.1111/dth.12048.
- Mechanical stability of two-step chemically deposited hydroxyapatite coating on Ti substrate: effects of various surface pretreatments.
Zavgorodniy AV, Borrero-López O, Hoffman M, LeGeros RZ, Rohanizadeh R
J. Biomed. Mater. Res. Part B Appl. Biomater.
- Cooperation of length scales and orientations in the deformation of bovine bone.
Hoo RP, Fratzl P, Daniels JE, Dunlop JW, Honkimäki V, Hoffman M
- Characterization of the chemically deposited hydroxyapatite coating on a titanium substrate.
Zavgorodniy AV, Borrero-López O, Hoffman M, Legeros RZ, Rohanizadeh R
J Mater Sci Mater Med
- Spontaneous insertion of a b2 element in the ptpn6 gene drives a systemic autoinflammatory disease in mice resembling neutrophilic dermatosis in humans.
Nesterovitch AB, Szanto S, Gonda A, Bardos T, Kis-Toth K, Adarichev VA, Olasz K, Ghassemi-Najad S, Hoffman MD, Tharp MD, Mikecz K, Glant TT.
Am J Pathol. 2011
178(4):1701-14. doi: 10.1016/j.ajpath.2010.12.053.
- Alteration in the gene encoding protein tyrosine phosphatase nonreceptor type 6 (PTPN6/SHP1) may contribute to neutrophilic dermatoses.
Nesterovitch AB, Gyorfy Z, Hoffman MD, Moore EC, Elbuluk N, Tryniszewska B, Rauch TA, Simon M, Kang S, Fisher GJ, Mikecz K, Tharp MD, Glant TT.
Am J Pathol. 2011
178(4):1434-41. doi: 10.1016/j.ajpath.2010.12.035. Epub 2011 Mar 4.
Patient feedback information is available for physicians employed by Rush University Medical Center who have received
30 or more patient surveys. Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score.
Number of Patient Surveys
Friendliness/courtesy of the care provider
Explanations the care provider gave you about your problem or condition
Concern the care provider showed for your questions or worries
Likelihood of your recommending this care provider to others
Care provider's efforts to include you in decisions about your treatment
Information the care provider gave you about medications
Instructions the care provider gave you about follow-up care
Your confidence in this care provider
Degree to which care provider talked with you using words you could understand
Amount of time the care provider spent with you
For more information about patient feedback, see the Quality Care
section of the Rush University Medical Center website.