(888) 352-RUSH for help arranging an appointment.
Medical or Graduate Education:
Idaho State University
Battle Creek VA Medical Center
Rush University Medical Center
- Antepartum and postpartum distress
- Interpersonal violence recovery
- Mental health, women
- Physical and sexual assault recovery
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Psychological symptoms in ob/gyn patients
Below is a list of scientific publications for which this practitioner was either the primary author or a contributor. Citations come from PubMed, a database of biomedical literature, life science journals and online books. PubMed is a service of the US Library of Medicine at the National Institutes of Health. Click on the title of the cited work for more information (this will take you directly to PubMed.gov). Listings go back five years.
- Rape myth acceptance impacts the reporting of rape to the police: a study of incarcerated women.
Heath NM, Lynch SM, Fritch AM, Wong MM
Violence Against Women
- Emotion regulation difficulties, low social support, and interpersonal violence mediate the link between childhood abuse and posttraumatic stress symptoms.
Stevens NR, Gerhart J, Goldsmith RE, Heath NM, Chesney SA, Hobfoll SE.
Behav Ther. 2013
44(1):152-61. doi: 10.1016/j.beth.2012.09.003. Epub 2012 Sep 28.
- Emotion regulation difficulties mediate associations between betrayal trauma and symptoms of posttraumatic stress, depression, and anxiety.
Goldsmith RE, Chesney SA, Heath NM, Barlow MR.
J Trauma Stress. 2013
26(3):376-84. doi: 10.1002/jts.21819.
- Interpersonal violence, PTSD, and inflammation: Potential psychogenic pathways to higher C-reactive protein levels.
Heath NM, Chesney SA, Gerhart JI, Goldsmith RE, Luborsky JL, Stevens NR, Hobfoll SE.
63(2):172-8. doi: 10.1016/j.cyto.2013.04.030. Epub 2013 May 20.
- Reciprocal relationships between resource loss and psychological distress following exposure to political violence: an empirical investigation of COR theory's loss spirals.
Heath NM, Hall BJ, Russ EU, Canetti D, Hobfoll SE.
Anxiety Stress Coping. 2012
25(6):679-95. doi: 10.1080/10615806.2011.628988. Epub 2011 Nov 18.
- Seeking safety: an intervention for trauma-exposed incarcerated women?
Lynch SM, Heath NM, Mathews KC, Cepeda GJ.
J Trauma Dissociation. 2012
13(1):88-101. doi: 10.1080/15299732.2011.608780.