Medical or Graduate Education:
University of Iowa Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics - Otolaryngology
Rush University Medical Center - Rhinology and Facial Plastic Surgery
- Eyelid surgery
- Facial plastic surgery
- Nasal and sinus disorders
- Nasal and sinus surgery
- Sleep apnea
- Snoring surgery
- Computer-aided sinus surgery
- Wound healing in sinus surgery
- Functional aspects of rhinoplasty
Below is a list of scientific publications for which this practitioner was either the primary author or a contributor. Citations come from PubMed, a database of biomedical literature, life science journals and online books. PubMed is a service of the US Library of Medicine at the National Institutes of Health. Click on the title of the cited work for more information (this will take you directly to PubMed.gov). Listings go back five years.
- Local anesthesia for nasal and sinus surgery.
Decker JR, Dutton JM.
Ear Nose Throat J. 2013
92(3):107-8. No abstract available.
- Anatomical comparison of minimally invasive nasal valve procedures.
Weeks DM, Walker DD, Dutton JM.
Arch Facial Plast Surg. 2012
14(3):189-92. doi: 10.1001/archfacial.2012.24.
- Endoscopic neural blockade for rhinogenic headache and facial pain: 2011 update.
Rodman R, Dutton J.
Int Forum Allergy Rhinol. 2012
2(4):325-30. doi: 10.1002/alr.21035. Epub 2012 Apr 5.
- Middle turbinate suture conchopexy during endoscopic sinus surgery does not impair olfaction.
Dutton JM, Hinton MJ.
Am J Rhinol Allergy.
- Endoscopic transnasal transethmoid ligation of the anterior ethmoid artery
Camp AA, Dutton JM, Caldarelli DD
Am J Rhinol Allergy
- Intranasal Z-plasty for internal nasal valve collapse
Dutton JM, Neidich MJ
Arch Facial Plast Surg